Treatment to Clear Pipe-work, Drains & Wet-Wells blocked with FOG's
- Devours hydrocarbons such as greases, oils, fats, and solvents
- Immediate action starts working in minutes
- Breaks down bodily fluids and substances e.g. blood, cellulite, and tissue
- Eliminates organic odours that bother neighbours and employees
- Scavenges poisonous hydrogen sulphide, prevents metal corrosion
- Reduces CODís, BODís, and TSSís and their related surcharges
- Manages the food safety risk of Listeria and drain flies by providing a high level of drain sanitation
- Increases Dissolved Oxygen, which boosts biological metabolic activity downstream at the waste water treatment plant
- Safe in all drainage systems
Drains and Grease Traps
- Slowly add Hydra Bio Blast to each drain opening starting with those located closest to the grease trap and work upstream.
- Add 5 to 10 litres per drain opening may be required to completely remove existing build-ups.
- Be careful as foam may be produced during the clean-out and this foam may come up through floor drains.
- Drain covers may be used to prevent this from occurring.
- Foam can be rinsed back into the drain easily after application
- If fumes are produced during the application then add cold water to slow down the cleaning process and eliminate the fumes
- Pump down the water level in the lift station and turn the pump off.
- Add 50 - 100 litres of Hydra Bio Blast by pouring it directly on the organic build-up on the walls, pumps and floats.
- Allow 20-40 minutes for the reaction to occur while grease, oil, grime and scum are dissolved away.
- Use more Hydra Bio Blast if necessary for larger lift stations or lift stations with heavier build-ups.
- On average 80-85% of the organic soils and FOGís will be vaporised
- Upon completion of the treatment, turn the pumps back on and start the Hydra biological program of your choice
When Hydra Bio Blast contacts organic soil, greases, oils and fats it immediately starts to break the hydrocarbon chains down into their individual components of hydrogen molecules and carbon molecules.
The hydrogen and carbon molecules then pair with the free oxygen molecules donated by the Hydra Bio Blast to form water and carbon dioxide as the only by-products of the reaction.
Drains & Grease Traps
Hydra Bio Blast is ideally suited to remove heavy grease build-ups in drain lines and grease traps. Because it is non-caustic and non-acid, it can be used in any drain or grease trap to provide a deep clean prior to starting a biological maintenance program.
Ideal for annual deep clean of lift stations or for use as an initial deep clean prior to starting a Hydra biological maintenance program.
Can be added automatically through Hydraís Auto Dosing Units. These are timer pumps which come on once per day and will treat the trap on an automated basis.